Thursday, March 14, 2013

Stained Glass

Are we happy plastic people???? Is there anyone that fails, falls or am i the only one in church today feeling so small. Christianity today has become a stage. You portray the "Holy than thou" and point fingers at the innocent that need you most. Inside, you are fighting your own masked guilt, battles which you can't win, hence you pretend that everything is ok.
They may mask their frailty, and look strong on the outside. You who wish someone would see that pain will tuck your pain away, because nobody seems to be in the same boat as you.
If you would allow me to steal the words from a song i will let you know what i mean.

Casting growns has literally explained to us the type of Christianity we seem to be having today. "Stained Glass Masquerade" is what we see today. We have Christians who are struggling and are wondering if its wrong for us to struggle.
 
So I tuck it all away, like everything's okay
If I make them all believe it, maybe I'll believe it too
So with a painted grin, I play the part again
So everyone will see me the way that I see them

Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation's open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade

Is there anyone who's been there
Are there any hands to raise
Am I the only one who's traded
In the altar for a stage

The performance is convincing
And we know every line by heart
Only when no one is watching
Can we really fall apart

But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be

Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay

Right now, right here, i will not shy away from my darkness and my struggles. If i don't let you see me for me, how then will you help me??????

I will not go with the norm. My life as it always has been, will be an open book to those who can read it. I will not mask my frailty to be of importance, but i will fall down on my knees when i hit rock bottom and reach out to him who is willing to carry me back again.
When the battle cry sounds, i will not give in just because i have fallen a number of times. I will face it with all the might that comes from he, who saw me before i was born, and who knew me before my mother gave birth to me.

How you design the strategy for that battle will depend on you. I am armed and ready to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment